The purpose of the church is to:
- make known the Gospel of Jesus Christ through worship and Christian education;
- help each person discover his or her unique gifts and find ways to use those gifts in ministry to others; and
- extend a helping hand as we gather together to serve human needs in the church, our community, and the world.
Our Worship Covenant
Having accepted Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord, we covenant with God and with one another:
To walk together in Christian love, faithfully seeking God’s will in our lives, our homes, our community and the world.
To seek to grow in grace and Christ-like character through the study of God’s Word and the aid of the Holy Spirit,
To make known the Gospel through worship and Christian education, declaring our faith through baptism,
To serve human need within and beyond the church while working for the coming kingdom of God,
To remember each other in prayer, rejoicing with those who rejoice and aiding those in distress,
And to serve as witnesses to God’s love through our words and actions.
Covenant of the Eastwood Baptist Church
Having accepted Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord, and on profession of our faith in Him, having been baptised according to His example, we do now in presence of God and his assembly, covenant with one another as members of His church.
- We agree by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love, faithfully seeking by all means to grow in grace and in our understanding of the truth of God.
- We agree to work and pray for the coming kingdom of God, seeking to have his will done in our lives, in our homes, and in the affairs of our community and world.
- We agree to contribute as God prospers us for the expense of the church at home and abroad.
- We promise to be faithful in our engagements, watchful of our manner of life and speech, and careful to guard the good name of the church and its members.
- We will remember each other in prayer, aid each other in sickness and distress and do unto all people as we would have them do unto us.
- We agree, further, if we should remove from this place, to unite with another church in which we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and of God’s word.